From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:37:33 -0400
On Jul 12, 2006, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:51:31 -0500
> From:    Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Memorabilia Vault
>
> Did anybody else happen to see the fascinating story on CBS Sunday
> Morning
> last Sunday on the Bill Graham memorabilia collection?  It was
> purchased
> by a gentleman named Bill Sagan and is a drove of stuff on
> rock-n-roll. He
> showed some posters out of Bill Graham's private R-n-R show collection
> which he said is priceless.  The part that concerned me was that it
> showed
> the area they were stored in- a beautiful brick loft area BUT no vault,
> stuff including audio/video tapes on shelves and windows to the
> outside.
> If this collection is truly worth an estimated 50-100 million dollars
> Hugh
> needs to get on the phone for a vault ( Hugh- remember where this lead
> came from).  For more information on this story go to the CBS Sunday
> morning web-site.
>
> Have a great day
>
> Steve Petersen CRM
> Records Manager
> Rockwell Collins Inc
> 319.295.5244

If I get an order due to your efforts I will have Omaha Steaks send a
cow your way. Speaking of cows did you know a full size steer at an Ox
Roast will only provide 520 to 550 sandwiches. ( I learned this at the
Kutztown Folk Life Festival.)

FIRELOCK did a vault for one of the true legends in the music world and
the collection was amazing from guitars to sheet music to platinum
records to practice session recordings. But once we were done we had to
forget we were even there.

Surprisingly, I find chasing people for vaults to be ineffective.  They
either believe in protection or they don't.  When they realize what the
risk is, and I have no idea what put the fear of loss into them, they
search FIRELOCK out.  But I find people don't like to be told they are
doing it wrong or that they are taking unnecessary risks.

The best is when a respected records manager points out to them that
they are doing it wrong and sends them to me.  This always works as
records managers have a great deal of credibility.  I just had a Town
hall call me as a result of a records manager telling them to contact
me.  They came in totally open to ideas and we spend and hour on the
phone and the gentleman left feeling like he had all the answers for
his architect.  That makes my job fun.

Plus you get 520 sandwiches on the hoof. :~)

Wait is it really 3:35 AM?  I have to go to bed.  I have stay at Pat
Cunningham's pub way too long.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134