From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:08:57 -0600
Hi all,

I know you're sitting in the office thinking, "Hey, doesn't he have anything
better to do today?" Well, I do and I am, but I've been meaning to send a
bunch of stuff to the list for a while to atone for some of the more salesy
stuff on the workshops.

Many of you are members of AIIM or are at least aware of it; I thought you
might find the following resources of some value.

AIIM EDOC Magazine: http://www.edocmagazine.com
AIIM's blog: http://aiim.typepad.com/aiim_blog/
AIIM podcasts: http://johnmancini.libsyn.com/

I have read and generally agree with the blog posts; I have not heard any of
the podcasts yet.

Full(er) disclosure - here is a list of my current AIIM affiliations:
President, AIIM Rocky Mountain Chapter 2006-2007
AIIM RMC executive committee, 2002 - 2007
Chair, AIIM Master Accreditation Committee
Accredited instructor, AIIM ERM and ECM Master Classes
Sometime writer for AIIM EDOC Magazine

I hope this is not considered too off-topic; I think there is real value for
records managers to be more familiar with IT (AIIM considered to be more
IT-focused) and the reverse is certainly true. AIIM is also much more
vendor-focused, which is both good and bad; but AIIM today provides a pretty
useful conduit for practitioners to get their needs expressed to the vendor
community, whether it's for ECM, ERM, imaging, BPM, etc.

For those of you NOT familiar with AIIM, feel free to delete this;
or....feel free to contact me off-list and I will send you additional
information about it, your local chapter if there is one, etc.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins

CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermS, ecmS

IMERGE Consulting