From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:19:09 -0400
Thanks to all who replied to my question about our customer data.  I
would like to pose my first question once again to the list for
discussion (if discussion there is) - If a law or regulation requires
certain kinds of information or communication to be retained, then does
that equate in some way to requiring the information or communication to
be created in the first place?  For example, if a broker has lunch with
a client and is told verbally to take a particular action, is the broker
then required to put that conversation in writing or even tape the
conversation during the lunch?

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager