From:
Charis Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:38:12 -0400
Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'm hoping folks out in RECMGMT-L land can
assist me in locating some information.  I've searched all my usual
sources and have picked the brains of various colleagues but to no avail.

What I'm looking for are any formulas you may use to estimate the time it
takes to review various records in order to determine if they are
applicable to either a discovery motion or something like a FOIA request.
Something like it it takes someone an half hour to review 60 e-mails or it
takes approximately one hour to review 100 sheets of paper.

I can't believe that the situation I'm dealing with is so unique and
bizzare that I'm the first one to ever need to be able to creat an
estimate of time like this.  We've got the rough estimate of our record
volume and we know what it will cost us per hour for the search and review
work, the only piece we're missing is that estimate of records/time period.

I know there can be no exact formula because every e-mail and record will
be different but a good faith estimate or best guess formula will be a
huge help.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Charis Wilson, MLS, CRM
Denver, CO