From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:11:00 -0700
I'm interested in finding anyone who is offering media vaulting services as
a part of their in-house record center services for limited volumes of
compliance required or vital records on electronic or film-based media
types..

What I'm talking about here is incidental or small volumes of media, not to
exceed 5000 units of mixed media types (CDs, DVDs, Diskettes, Tapes, Silver
Microfilm) that are stored in UL Class 125 degree fireproof media safes,
such as those sold by SCHWAB Corp.
http://www.schwabcorp.com/page8.htm#Part6

What systems do you use to control the physical inventory?

Do you use an independent transmittal form (from that used for paper
records)?

What standards do you follow for labeling (NIST 500-252, or other)?

Do you require a "directory printout" to identify content with the media?

Do you have a policy stating that RIM accepts no responsibility for the
content or damage?

Do you also clearly state that the owner is responsible for refreshing media
and avoiding obsolescence?

Thanks in advance- if the responses to this get voluminous, we can take the
discussion top the RECMGMT-OT group, and if I receive any private responses,
I'll be happy to summarize them and share with the List.

Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA