From:
Warren Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 12:00:20 -0500
Got a question for the microfilm folks out there....

We currently use a duplication process for our microfilm jackets that
provides a diazo duplicate of the jacket.  It is the "dry" process where
we use the coupler sheets with diazo film for developing.  We have been
told (as some of you may have also if you use this film/coupler sheets
from ALOS) that the coupler paper is no longer going to be available
from them....since the supplier to them is no longer going to
manufacture it.  Does anyone know of any other source for this "coupler
paper?"  Also, I'm assuming that the diazo copy could be made using
another process...machines that use a "wet process."   Since I've never
used that kind of duping process I'm wondering if the equipment is still
available, the pros and cons associated with it, expense, etc.   I'd
appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with this.

Gus Harris

Records Manager

The Univ. of West Florida

Pensacola, FL