From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:51:39 -0500
I am going to take a little different approach to this one.  Anything
you do will be better than hanging folders.  Plastic grocery bags the
ends of light fixtures are more efficient than hanging folders.  There
are two things in this world I hate more than Steve W hates paper, holes
and hanging folders.  Here is an invention undoubtedly invented by a
filing cabinet manufacturer that:
 - costs 10 times as much as a standard folder.
 - reduces storage space by 33 percent.
 - provides employment to an estimated 50,000 file clerks who type and
insert labels into the little plastic holders and then create another
label for a traditional folder to be put inside the empty hanging
folder.
 - can be placed in records boxes but can never be removed.
 - makes it just as easy to file between the folders as inside of them,
creating the worlds best location for finding lost documents.
 - and is the best way I know to create rolled documents without even
trying.

Whew, I feel much better now.  As I said earlier, anything is better
than hanging files.

Bill R

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator