From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:02:45 -0400
Frank wrote:
Does anyone have guidelines or documentation dictating that copies not
be kept of records being permanently transferred out of an organization?

Frank,

We do keep copies of some physical materials that are permanently
transferred out of our firm (trademark work often falls into this
category).  There are also times when we choose to make copies of novel
material for form files/KM use.  Because of the exceptions to the rule,
we have not developed a "no copying policy", rather we have procedures
to follow during a file transfer that guide us in the decision making
process of "to copy, or not to copy".  Much of the decision making is
done by the attorney who is overseeing the transfer.

If I can help further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Julie

Julie J. Colgan
Manager of Records Services
Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
404.873.8164 direct
404.439.1811 fax
www.agg.com
Note:
This message and any attachments from the law firm Arnall Golden Gregory LLP may contain CONFIDENTIAL and legally protected information.  If you are not the addressee and an intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.  Thank you.