From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:50:31 -0700
Notwithstanding all the great bands here, the best music this week is
from the 17,000 or so hot rods in Reno and Sparks this week for Hot
August Nights.  The official event cuts off the registration at 5,500,
but another 10,000 to 15,000 show up anyway.  Big horsepower = music to
my ears!

Something interesting at Hermans Hermits' gig last night in the Hilton
parking lot was that a big block blown hot rod with a huge cam started
up a couple times while the band was performing; off somewhere in the
distance.  A lot of the ladies in the crowd seemed disturbed by it,
while most of the guys seemed to be more interested in the noise (music)
coming from the hot rod than in the music from the stage.

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/04/06 12:33PM >>>
Okay...I heard that chuckle in the background...

NO, Don Ho did not play at my high school graduation...

Sounds like they'll have some concert in Nevada...Mitch Rider was
before
my time, but I enjoy the music anyway.  I'm still looking for a
Steppenwolf concert...

Brian