From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 01:42:22 -0400
On Aug 8, 2006, at 12:01 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> From:    Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Take 2: Media vaulting in conjunction with In-House Record
> Center?
>
> I sent this request a week or so ago and only received one response, so
> decided I'd try again... Is it that some folks didn't see it, or is no
> one
> offering this service in house as part of their storage services?
>
> Thanks (again)
> Larry
> *****************
>
> I'm interested in finding anyone who is offering media vaulting
> services as
> a part of their in-house record center services for limited volumes of
> compliance required or vital records on electronic or film-based media
> types..
>
> What I'm talking about here is incidental or small volumes of media,
> not to
> exceed 5000 units of mixed media types (CDs, DVDs, Diskettes, Tapes,
> Silver
> Microfilm) that are stored in UL Class 125 degree fireproof media
> safes,
> such as those sold by SCHWAB Corp.
> http://www.schwabcorp.com/page8.htm#Part6

Larry,

This might be better responded to on a banking Listserv as many
financial institutions do just this type of segregation, although to
discover someone who can store the media in something as small as safes
or file cabinets, you might need to talk with smaller Credit Unions.
Since we sell vaults, the volume you are requesting would not typically
be served by one of our vaults.

Banks typically store their check processing media (which is more and
more CD-ROM or magnetic tape) in data safes in small quantities and in
vaults in larger quantities.  If it is larger volume they may house the
servers in vaults or do disk to disk mirroring.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM