From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:10:49 -0600
I think Patrick, as usual, makes a number of excellent points. This one,
however, stood out:
<snip>
So my concern is (and has been since the Disappearing Inc product first came
out) how two different companies find mutual ground on the exchange of this
sort of document? Do we need to agree upon international standards for
retention of DRM-protected documents? Do companies need to negotiate records
retention schedules for DRM-protected documents?
</snip>

This should be a priority for the standards efforts of an association
dedicated to keeping information available and accessible as long as
required.

My tuppence on a hot Colorado afternoon,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermM, ecmS
IMERGE Consulting
(303) 574-1455 office
(303) 484-4142 fax
YIM: jessewilkins8511
Chair, AIIM Master Accreditation Committee
Chair, ARMA Glossary Task Force