From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 01:00:32 -0700
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf
Of Rich Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [RM] Retention of time sheets

Greetings from Wonderful Wyoming,

I have a general question for the group:

Is there any legal, fiscal or administrative reason to maintain the
above records for seven years.

No

The information recorded on the time
sheet is used to update the payroll system to reflect an individual's
hours worked. My thinking is once the payroll system is updated and
there are no protests, the payroll system becomes the record copy.

Sounds good to me.
would think the time sheets could have a life cycle of no more than
three years.

That would depend on how your retention scheduleis written. Weigh the
retention against other factors such as injury claims, or the lenght of time
a person has to file a claim against your employer or that your employer has
to file against a former employee.

Chris Flynn

What say you?

Rich Wilson, MCP
Records Management Supervisor
Government Records
2301 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0001
Phone: 307-777-5586  Fax: 307-777-7044

E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.