From:
Steve Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:34:21 -0700
That doesn't surprise me about NARA discarding the returns after 4
years. I, along with others,  did some research a few years back and
calculated the average retention of the entire CFR It was 3.25 years. I
can't remember why we wanted to know, though. BTW, Larry, I'm adding
your tidbit into my IRS info sheet. I hope you don't mind.

Steve Morgan