Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:57:42 EDT
This is an often discussed subject and will continue to be as technologies
change. I still tend to favor an administrative head over IT, RIM, and
Communications with each of these functions having an independent head but  working
in concert. In all cases it is important that there be a well  coordinated
effort with the legal function. Administrative head, be it a CIO or  other
administrative officer, give these disciplines an unlimited approach to  information
needs. I know "compliance" has become "the" buzzword in the business
environment and the term is being used in many organization descriptions, but it  will
never be the sum total of the RIM approach.

Bill Benedon, CRM, FAI