From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:34:51 -0400
I tend to agree on the issue of 300dpi being a bit excessive on occasion.
When I've provided samples to client organizations (along with pricing for
200 v. 300 dpi), they've often had a tough time telling exactly what value
it is that they receive from the higher resolution.  More often, I find that
there is a need to make use of grayscale or color as options to help deal
with documents that exhibit very low contrast......... That too can cost
more, but today's scanners and software allow for some adjustments that can
be made "on the fly" for a modest increase in either scanning time for
in-house capture systems or a modest increase in cost for outsourced
scanning.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to ask me whether Business Process
Management principles can be applied to high-volume capture
operations.......(wonder if Julie or Cherise will jump on that one first!)

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+