From:
Warren Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:59:10 -0500
I've recently been posing questions concerning electronic imaging to the
listserv.  We've also been in this discussion about whether microfilm is
still viable.  Therefore it reminds me of something I'd like to know
more about....which involves both technologies....and maybe this is a
good time to ask!  I hear that there is equipment that will capture the
"already scanned" electronic images onto microfilm.  What I'm interested
in is the possibility of capturing the electronic images at "any"
point....perhaps once the electronic records become "inactive" (I'm
thinking in the case of our student files).  Can anyone enlighten me on
this?

Gus Harris

Univ. of West FL

Pensacola, FL