From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:38:33 -0700
I'm implementing a program using people at each of our divisions as well. I am the Director and oversee the entire program. In this phase, our program is largely limited to indexing inactive records. Each division has a "Divisional Records Manager" (DRM) who is responsible for being a liaison between the division and the corporate office regarding records, entering the data for boxes to be stored into the database, retrieving boxes from storage when requested and tracking them while in-house, initiating the destruction process and assisting with identifying documents subject to litigation hold. Since these people are not full-time RIM people (their "real" jobs run the gamut from Controller to Receptionist, but mostly accounting or HR people), each department has a "Records Coordinator" (RC) -- also in addition to their "real" job. These people are responsible for knowing what records their departments produce, where those records fit in the retention schedule, properly packing and accurately indexing boxes for storage (to the file level), and assisting with litigation holds.

So far in my training, I'm getting good feedback. The proof will come though, when I go back and audit in a few months!

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes | 949.789.1668 | [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

From: Records Management Program on behalf of Sweeney, Jim

What are the standard job responsibilities for the coordinator role? Any feedback will be appreciated.