From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:39:39 -0400
< Haven't we always had Retention Management?  Isn't that why we have
classification systems and retention schedules?>
Yes. And Taina's comment is also correct - it includes all content
(which, by the way, can mostly all also be considered records if used to
document an action, a transaction, a decision, etc.). But....the term
records management is now being used by software folks to mean nothing
but retention management.  I think that is the distinction Mr. Miller is
trying to make.  That the Microsoft solution is just a form of retention
management, not full records management.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division