From:
C Shimizu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:57:38 -0700
The American Assn of College Registrars and Admissions officers has a checklist that might be useful.

http://www.aacrao.org/nyc/presentations/M1_4_part_4_1.pdf

robin tew <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hello, everyone--
  Our school attorney has requested that I do a major rewrite of the district student records manual.  As parting of the process, he asked if I could locate a FERPA compliance checklist.
  Are any of you aware of such an animal?  If your organization has developed one of its own that you would be willing to share, that would be great.  But if it is a commercial product that we would have to purchase, I would be interested in that also.
  I checked the Family Policy Compliance Office web site, but didn't find a checklist.
  If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.
  Thanks!
  Robin Tew
Supervisor, Records Management
Pinellas County Schools
  . . . grateful for the quiet (so far) hurricane season in sunny Florida!

Vision without action is a daydream, action without vision is a nightmare.

-Japanese Proverb