From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:59:21 -0700
Have you been smoking that whacky tabacky that grows in the ditches of ND?
200 dpi? clearly there is no sense of reason associated with your thinking
process.
Well OK, there might be case made that the testing for resolution was done
decades ago and the scan vendors set the machines to scan at 300 hundred
based on ald tresting, but aside from that. I suppose you cold claim that
the advances made in print technology over the last ten years makes 300 dpi
an extra expense. I don't t=know where you come up with these crazy ideas
Bill. Is hte ND heat gettting to you? Can't you just go out and shoot
something instead of trying to improve the wold? We like scanning at 300
dpi. I can see no reason to change. The reducitons in scan time alone will
mean that manageres have miscalulated the amount of work that can be done in
an hour. THINK what this will mean. {eople standing around, smoking will
become popular again, cancer will increase, last hours due to illness will
lead to lost man hours. the economy will suffer. There will be chaos in the
cities (OK there already is but you get my point).ARMAGEADON is what you are
preaching. Be not surpised if the Feds aren't on your doorstep in the
morning. Sheesh, I worry about you sometimes (not often, but sometimes)..
Tell me Bill how will the macrocompression tools deal withthis lower scan
relosution. Just how many hardware manufaturers are you trying to put out of
work?

Chris Flynnp