From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:45:44 -0700
Retention management...; we were using that term at Duke Energy back in
the '80s to mean the development, maintenance, and implementation of
retention policies to information.  Nothing new about the term.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/18 4:16 AM >>>
This briefing by Bruce Miller sheds some light on what Microsoft and
the
industry have planned for the next round of Records Management.  Now
we
have Knowledge management and records management, next we have the
advent of Retention Management.  More geek speak to confound us.

Ms. Laura F. Bell

DOT Directives & Records Management

Office of the Secretary of Transportation

202-366-9761