From:
"Rich, Grace" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:57:01 -0500
As the lead instructor for the online RIM certificate offered
by Chippewa Valley Technical College, an accredited two-year
institution, I appreciate the ability to announce the online RIM
certificate courses through this forum. Since we announced the
availability of the first of the revised courses in August 2005, over
40 RIM professionals have registered for the classes. This August
the entire revised certificate is ready.

Registration is open through September 1 for all five of
the courses in the 15-credit online RIM certificate. Tuition for
each 3-credit course is approximately $310. Book fees are
roughly $140. Classes run from August 28 through
December 18.

The full certificate is comprised of five 3-credit courses
and is delivered completely over the Internet. Certificate
topics include, but aren't limited to, an overview
of records management program components; records
inventory, retention, vital records, and disaster recovery
for both paper and electronic records; imaging issues; the
relationship between records management and other
professional areas like IT; and new and emerging
developments in the records management profession.

Many students enroll in certificate classes because they're
new to the RIM field and want to learn more about records
management; others enroll because they want to advance in
their current records management position. Some records
professionals use the material in the certificate courses
as a study base for the CRM exam.

Certificate students have commented: "Thank you for the wealth
of information. The timing couldn't have been better!" and "It
was a lot of work but well worth every hour spent. I can use all
of the information that I've learned for my job." and
 ". . . this was a fantastic class.  I really learned a lot and it was
all directly applicable to my job."

Certificate details and registration information is available
at http://www.cvtc.edu/programs/rim.htm. Registration
is open through September 1. All five classes in the
certificate will again be available starting October 23, 2006,
and January 15, 2007.

  --Grace

Grace E. Rich, PhD, CRM
Chippewa Valley Technical College