From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:10:22 -0700
Ginny Jones wrote:
>I don't understand the reluctance (especially by the legal
folks) to document the deletion (destruction) of e-records.  I realize
documenting the deletion of individual records, files, and e-mails is
cumbersome and time consuming.

Ginny, I wouldn't disagree with anything you said, however, I would add
the caveat that it depends on risk, cost, and operational need. If you
create a system that is "cumbersome and time consuming" where the risk
is low, the cost is high, and the operational need is minimal, you may
create a situation that could undermine efforts to achieve results where
the need is truly required. This applies regardless of media or
technology.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)
1620 S.E. 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Phone: (503)988-3741