From:
Graham Kitchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:30:56 -0700
Records are records regardless of format.

All we are doing is replacing a paper format with a digital one.  We are
told by various regulations to keep records for a specific period of
time and best business practices tell us that this is logical.  Why is
there now confusion because we have changed formats.

We ourselves have been arguing with anyone that will take up the charge,
that it is not the email but the content.  The same is true for any
other type of erecord.  We must be seen as being consistent or we lose
our credibility.

GT

Graham Kitchen
Corporate Records Manager
Unified Western Grocers
5200 Sheila Street
Commerce, California 90040
Telephone:  (323)264-5200 Extension 4560
Cell:  (323)243-1865
email:  [log in to unmask]