From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:16:29 -0400
Sharon:
We are fortunate in having a formal policy providing guidance for what
and when to delete.  The policy ties in with the approved retention
schedule.  I have conducted numerous training sessions within the
department on the policy and how to meet it.  When our network IT folks
send this type of message, we follow-up with the following message to
all users:

"Please remember to follow the guidelines and requirements of the City
Electronic Public Records Policy as you clean your mailboxes.  A copy of
the guidelines explaining the policy can be found on Waternet (WW
intranet) at I:\IT\RcdsMgmtWeb\EPRhilites.htm.

(The full policy is contained in Section VI of the online Records
Management Manual at I:\IT\RcdsMgmtWeb\RM Manual On-line\ToC.htm)."

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division