From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:32:35 +1000
Connie

Although the National Archives of Australia probably is not very authoritative outside of the Australian Federal Government, they have an Archives Advice on the destruction of records (not specifically electronic records) as a 'Normal Administrative Practice'.  They might fall into your category of 'industry expert'.

It specifically mentions copies of financial records "maintained for convenient reference". I dont know why it isn't broader and covers copies of all formal records (but I am looking into this).

Its available at http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/rkpubs/advices/advice18.html.  Hopefully it might be of use to you.

John Lovejoy
Despite me working for them, this message should be construed as coming from me, not them.