From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:31:51 -0700
Bill:

Why not help us understand your challenges by telling us how many images you
capture and how many get accessed each day?  How fast is the network?  What
are your bounds for on-line storage?  How fast is your active storage
growing?

The benchmark numbers I use when estimating are 50K for a 200dpi G4 page and
about 75K for a 300dpi G4.  So I will admit that the extra density has a
cost.  With small featured forms, it seems to be worth it.  Sounds like
you've done the work to make the choice.  Can you give us a short case
study?

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP
Principal
IMERGE Consulting / PNW Office