From:
Warren Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:38:29 -0500
Interesting discussion about scanning.  Of course for those of us in
government agencies in Florida....and probably a lot of other government
agencies...it's already been decided for us by government rules.  300
dpi is the minimum requirement.

What I'd really like to hear about as well from those doing a lot of
electronic imaging is how they manage retention and disposition...for
that matter of any electronic records.  We are implementing, over the
next couple of years, some large projects involving electronic records
management and as the records manager I'm trying to learn as quickly as
I can how you actually manage the retention and disposition of
electronic records...in these more complex electronic records systems.
It baffles me sometimes to consider the complexities that are involved.

Thanks in advance for anyone's comments about this.

Gus Harris

Records Mgr.

The University of West Florida

Pensacola, FL