From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:06:55 -0500
>>Of course for those of us in government agencies in Florida....and
probably a lot of other government agencies...it's already been decided
for us by government rules.<<

We are the ones who make the rules for North Dakota State Government.
Currently the recommendation is a minimum 300 dpi.  I would like to see
the new rules require a lower minimum, possibly as low as 150 dpi for
documents with short term retention and very limited use.

Regarding retention, we are adding record series numbers from our
functional retention schedules to many documents as they are being added
to our ECM system.  We will then configure FN's Records Manager to use
the entries to calculate when the records can be disposed.  For
documents that have a prospective retention event, we will use the
events (termination date, contract completion) to determine when
disposition will occur.  Documents will then be collected by use of
standard properties (employee ID, project number) that are automatically
populated when the documents are added to the system.

Bill R

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota