From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:31:39 -0400
Jim:
We rotate use of our back tapes every week or so.  They are not kept as
an "archiving" solution for any of our electronic records.  We do not
have automated system or a document management system for anything
except drawings, so we rely on the user properly applying our e-mail and
electronic records policy and procedures.  Essentially, at the user's
discretion, an e-mail that must be kept as a record can be printed,
saved as an rtf to another server (not the Exchange server), or archived
as a pst (Outlook message) onto another server (not the Exchange
server).  The last option requires Outlook to open and view the e-mail.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division