From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:20:46 -0700
While we're on this topic, I'm interested in hearing from organizations
that are subject to the SEC rules regarding retention of broker-dealer
communications who use Lotus Notes and are able to maintain Lotus Notes
email in a manner that is compliant with Rule 17a with regard to the
requirement to, "Preserve the records exclusively in a non-rewriteable,
non-erasable format;". Because of the nature of Lotus Notes databases,
this is a significant technical challenge. I'm certain that
organizations have overcome this.

If you can share with me the technical aspects of how you achieve
compliance with Rule 17a with a Lotus Notes email system, please
respond on list or feel free to contact me off list.

I am not particularly interested in hearing from vendors / consultants
at this time. We're talking to IBM directly, as well as other vendors
that our firm uses. We're specifically looking for credible user
experiences.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM
Records Management Strategist
Hewitt Associates