From:
Bil Kellermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:50:19 -0700
Laurie:

There are systems available that allow you to create legally defensible
"subset" .PST files that are responsive to the compliance or discovery
request without compromising privileged or protected information.
Furthermore, in certain jurisdictions, 'claw-back' agreements can be
made that are enforceable and allow for the recovery of privileged or
protected material inadvertantly produced.  Note bene, not all
jurisdictions uphold claw-back agreements, either as a matter of course,
or without expensive additional judicial scrutiny.  So a production
system cannot be engineered to rely on 'claw-backs' as a baseline.

William Kellermann, Esq.
Director, Corporate Legal Systems
CT Summation
www.ctsummation.com