From:
Records Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:18:59 -1000
Aloha Everyone!

Has anyone heard any news regarding the proposed changes to the Federal
Rules of Civil Procedures?

From what little I have gathered, much of the changes involves
e-Discovery and what is defined as "Electronically Stored Information"
(ESI).  Undoubtably, any change to how the Courts view the handling and
production of Electronic Records will have a BIG impact on how we all
"do business."

I'm wondering if ARMA is commenting on the proposed Federal changes?
Once the Federal Rules are changed, you can count on State Rules on
Civil Procedures to follow.

Anyway, I just wanted to toss this topic out there, as the changes in
the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure will have a tremendous impact on
how electronic records are kept and maintained...

Have a great weekend!  Mahalo!

Brian

Brian A. Moriki
Records Management Officer
First Hawaiian Bank
808-844-3056
808-265-7449 (cell)
808-844-3494 (fax)

*******My comments and opinions are purely "my own" and not a
representation from my company*******

***FROM THE DEPARTMENT THAT BELIEVES IN THE POWER OF YES!!!***

This email is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential information.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender by
replying to this e-mail and delete this e-mail and
any attachments from all computers without
reading or saving the same in any matter
whatsoever.