From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:02:40 -0600
On 9/9/06, Lynette Yohn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Could anyone provide suggestions, recommendations regarding conducting
> Records Management audits in your organization?

Tell Steve to cover his ears, but I send out paper notices once a year to all my records liaisons (one sheet for each record series) and ask them to sign off that they have disposed of their department's records according to the retention schedule (I keep the signed notices for 6+C). After receiving the signed notices, I then sign off on similar types of forms we get from the State Archives.

Excuse me now, I have to go help other department workers verify 4000+ voter signatures for a referendum petition we received on Friday.  See ya in a couple of weeks, when I can surface again ...

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood CO 80226-3127
Direct: 303-987-7091  Fax: 303-987-7088
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.lakewood.org
Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper is recycled.