From:
"Welch, Miranda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:40:21 +0100
Good question! I do really value the comments and issues discussed on
this listserv - even if I don't contribute that often.

Not sure whether this applies specifically to behavioural changes
although I think they are relevant -  I promote the idea of information
management principles (note the terminology - because these apply to all
information - not just records).

The essential 3 are:

- Information belongs to the company
- Information will be managed according to an appropriate lifecycle
(with due regard to all the usual things such as legislation)
- Information will be available to everyone unless there are specific
privacy or commercial sensitivity considerations restricting access.

I try and get these principles into some form of high level information
strategy / policy document. Sometimes the wording changes - and often
there are more than these 3 - but these are the common ones I use to
underpin training, change programmes, etc. I then get people to think
about some of the implications - eg should private data stores be
allowed.

Hope these might be useful - and thanks to everyone for the listserv
discussions.

Miranda Welch CRM
BearingPoint New Zealand