From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:23:49 -0700
HOLY COW!!! I haven't seen this one before... The whole concept of a textual message that is designed to be "recordless" makes my skin crawl.

I suspect that, as others have already noted, it will be easy to abuse or easy to actually get a "record" of the communication. I've sent this on to my IT gurus to see what they have heard about it.

Previously, "disappearing email" has been of the sort that is encrypted and deleting the encryption key rendered the email "disappeared". This has enough problems. But VaporStream is scary.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Barb. Something good (ok, really quite bad) for folks to be aware of.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM