From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:37:12 -0700
On 9/26/06, King, Douglas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am participating in developing an RFP for both on-site and off-site
> destruction of paper records and duplicate materials. The RFP scope looks
> like it may cover County, District Attorney and State Judicial District
> departments, at multiple locations. I would greatly appreciate receiving
> copies of similar RFPs or contracts for services (or links to such docs),
> especially from State or local government agencies. Also of interest would
> be information about organizations that perform central document destruction
> in-house. Thanks in advance!

You may want to consider speaking to a certain county in Texas about their
recent experiences in document destruction and find out what they've done to
ensure their situation isn't repeated.

Also, this presentation gives some food for thought:

http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/NAID.htm

And there is this California legislation that pertains to those who have or
maintain access to personal information about California residents, and more
specifically, "customer information" and "businesses", but reading through
it, the text could be applied beyond those boundaries:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=civ&group=01001-02000&file=1798.80-1798.84

Larry

--
Larry Medina