From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:29:21 -0400
Girard, you provide an interesting perspective.  However, I disagree with
your view regarding the relative risks posed by outsourcing data entry
outside of "country of origin".  Although it may be a bit challenging for
organizations to hold contractors responsible for preserving data
confidentiality within that "country of origin" (assuming the U.S. or
Canada), I suspect that it would be much more difficult to address such
concerns at the international level.  The concerns go well beyond "human
nature" and "human ability" and touch on privacy rights and on the potential
for litigation.  That, I submit has nothing to do with any "self-serving
needs" that one might have, and everything to do with understanding what I
would call the fiduciary responsibility of those who have and who maintain
personal identifying information.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+