From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:20:41 -0600
I have loved this thread about using the "black thing" on your desk for private conversations and taking a walk down the hall (or into the next cubicle) to get a little fresh air and spend less time emailing. These were points I stressed (along with my IT sidekicks) when doing email management management training earlier this year with staff. Don't know how much it helped. But sure got a few snickers and light bulbs going off when the slide came up saying "Try some 'old' technology". Now all I have to do is practice what I preach!

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood CO 80226-3127
Direct: 303-987-7091  Fax: 303-987-7088
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.lakewood.org
Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper is recycled.