From:
"Ransom, Brent" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:13:59 -0400
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Gerard J. Nicol
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [RM] RM Outsource to India / Elsewhere

John,

> Gerard J. Nicol said...

>The net risk of identity theft is exactly the same irrespective of
>where you have your data processed. Human ability and nature is common
>throughout our species.

> John Lovejoy said...

> I am not sure if the risks of identity theft are exactly 100% the same

> if
you have your data processed in Bourke, Boston, Bangor, Bangkok or
Bangalore.  > However, there are definitely risks involved. Anyone who
thinks that this is "Bull" or anything else should reconsider their
opinions.  There are also > costs involved.

You will note that I sad net risk, not individual risks.

I will not even bother listing the countless breaches of trust and
arguably law by some of the US's largest records management companies.

None of us can say that these breaches would have occurred had the
processing been done offshore, but I think it is also unfair to assume
this.

Local jobs in the records management industry are critical, if people
want to protect their local industry they had better come up with
something better than xenophobia to argue their position.

Gerard