From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 07:30:45 -0700
Ray-

I find plenty of reference to, but no copies of, this "Standard".  The most
commonly referred to document about this subject on the Fed side I know is
the DoD "wiping standard", which I believe is what George referenced, and
it's also called up in DoD 5015.2.

BTW, in many/most cases Federal "standards" are actually more best practices
and guidelines, seeing as they aren't produced in accordance with the
practices and policies of most recognized Standards producing bodies....
including openness, balance, consensus, and due process.

Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA