From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:58:36 -0400
And it was about then (1996) when I was in my first full time records
management position, using my AOL dial-up account from a modem in my records
center that I mad connections with groups like the listserv.

It was also then when our City's departments started talking about things
such as e-mail and mobile data terminals in police cruisers when I would
speak up and remind them that there were records management considerations
to be taken into account, and that yes there were retention requirements
dictated by the State/Commonwealth that must be adhered to.  I may not have
had a "Seat at the table" but I made sure I was at least in the room when
those discussions took place.  Many are still trying to get the point
across, and one day we may even succeed to a large extent!!

Have a good weekend

Tod Chernikoff, CRM