Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:40:55 GMT
Good morning.
An individual contacted me recently for information on donors to a
campus building project. Specifically, they want a list of donors and
amounts. I referred the individual to the development office, who are
hesitant to release the information. I understand why they would want
to protect donor information, but it appears from the Ohio Revised
Code that this information is public. The general counsels office
response was, "it depends". I'm wondering what others experiences have
been with this issue, as "it depends" really isn't helping my
understanding of the issue. Any feedback would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Chris Wydman
University Records Manager
Wright State University