From:
"Pike, Heather" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:35:10 -0400
Ok, I was totally incorrect to say lost cost is what offshore is about, pardon the offense, as that is patently untrue,  what I should have said is that the low cost was a major factor in selecting vendors from India in the few small project ( under 150K) and that with small budgets, closer to home is easier to manage. I honestly shared my views simply in the event there are other readers evaluating proposals, they might benefit. Can I get crummy service in the US? Sure. Are there great service providers and products off the landmass of North America- obviously!

I would add this,  the business models of IBM and Microsofts of the world are not really much help to joe average trying to buy services for a library or a little county eh? I would be likely to stick closer to home in selecting service vendors based soley on my experience for small projects unless new evidence drew my judgement in a different direction.

HP