From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:13:11 -0500
Good luck with finding session presentations.  I had an email string with
Jackie from ARMA hdqtrs yesterday.  Here are snippets.  I also don't think
they are printers available but the hotel business centers should be busy
:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Steve,

Thank you for your email.  While we strongly encourage our facilitators to
utilize learning resource materials, they are not required to.  For those
who do submit materials to us, that material is available before
conference on our website for the first time this year.  You do not need
to complete the agenda planner to view the learning resource materials.
Simply search for the events you would like to attend, if those events
have learning material, it will be available via a link with the
description of the course.  Not all of our education events include
presentations. Many facilitators are utilizing more interactive teaching
techniques rather than PPT/lecture.  We have over 130 facilitators this
year and are unable work with each person individually to assist them in
the development of learning material.  If we were to eliminate all
facilitators from our faculty who did not submit learning materials, we
would lose nearly 50% of our educational programs.  We continue to train
our trainers in the value of learning resource materials and hope to
continue to see an increase in their use of more engaging teaching
techniques and learning resources.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(MY RESPONSE BACK)

Jacki, Thanks for the prompt response.

The problem I see is that the conference material is only good then if you
go that particular conference session and even then only if you take
notes.  If I want to reference something from a session I attended or
material on a topic I didn't attend at a later date, I'm SOL.  That really
limits the use of any kind of material distribution to me if I can't use
it as a future reference source.

It also come down to an ease of use thing.  If I want to see if
presentation material on any particular topic or what the presentation
consists of (beyond the summary blurb)  I've got to click on each
individual session (130 plus)  to see if it's available.  There needs to
be a page where by day you can pull up the complete list of sessions that
have submitted copy and provide the links that way.  I don't decide on
sessions by the title-instead by the content and possibly in area's I'm
not educated on.

I'm also not sure why we don't demand a little more structure/discipline
out of presenters as that's what we do -add structure.  It looks like the
networking structure I have in place will be of more benefit at conference
than actually attending many sessions.

Thanks

Steve Petersen CRM