From:
Chris Graves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:23:07 -0400
Hi,

What records retention policies and schedules do you think are worded
well? I am looking for examples of well constructed polices and
thought I'd ask your advice.

Or even, what template form would you say a good policy has to adhere to?

The context I am addressing is Human Rights case files (retention and
disposal). I am suggesting they incorporate other elements of their
office, such as administrative files, but for the moment they have
provided me with a draft protocol that only treats the actual case
files.

So far they have listed:

Purpose
Preamble
Application of Policy
Protocol
Responsibilities
Disputes
Effective Date

To this, I will add a section for definitions and suggest it be
broadened to include some of the their other records. But for the
moment, they feel they are most exposed with respect to case files.

Thanks for any feedback you might have,

-Chris