From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:57:22 -0600
Hey, thanks to all who have replied to my recent post regarding several
imaging/document management systems.  Your comments are invaluable to
this process we are involved in at my organization, The University of
West Florida.

I knew I could count on you folks with providing some thoughtful and
insightful observations from your experience with these products.

And to be quite honest, it serves quite another purpose.  You all may
often find yourself like me....sitting on these committees where the
work is 100% a records management initiative....but yet the other folks
just don't really "get that."  Well, that was the case here...and is.
However, from my recent involvement, sharing my own expertise, and being
able to provide comments from other records management professionals
(you all), I think I'm beginning to show these other folks that WE truly
are the experts in these matters.  That is too often overlooked...or
just not realized since so many other areas within our organizations
don't really understand what records management entails.  Well, I'm off
my soapbox now!

Anyway, keep the comments coming and know that I am very appreciative of
those who have responded!

Thank you,

Gus

Records Manager