From:
Jill Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:47:52 -0500
During FY 07, NARA's Northeast Region will deliver most of our records
management training online via "webinars".  Each of these instructor-led
workshops will be taught in 90-minute segments over several weeks.  Like
our in-person training, our webinar participants will be able to
interact with their instructor "live".  We've adapted each workshop's
skill-building activities for the online environment.  We're also
providing complimentary weekly online chats for participants to ask the
instructor additional questions.

On January 9, 2007, we'll launch our first webinar, Vital Records.

Vital Records Webinar
Too often, agencies will develop an emergency plan without considering
the information that would be needed to support the plan.  Our vital
records class is designed for COOP managers, records management staff
and program managers responsible for ensuring business resumption in the
event of a disaster. This webinar will give you the necessary tools to
identify, protect, and access your vital records.  Participants will
have a basic vital records plan completed by the end of the course.

Four 90-minute sessions:  January 9, 16, 23, & 30
Cost:  $125 (early bird), $150 (one week prior to class)
Register at nara.learn.com

Web Briefings: an Introduction to RM Topics
This year, we will host five, 60-minute "briefings" via the web.

Best Practices for an Imaging Project
Thinking about imaging your records? This webinar is for you!
Thursday, February 1 / Cost: $25

Organizing Your Desktop
This webinar tells you how to handle your records in e-space and
provides tips for organizing your electronic desktop.
Tuesday, February 13
Tuesday, July 10 / Cost: $25

Retiring Records to FRC
Join us for a step-by-step presentation on how to transfer your records
to a Federal Records Center.
Tuesday, July 17 (Lee's Summit FRC customers) / Cost: $25
Tuesday, July 24 (Waltham FRC customers) / Cost: $25

Register at https://nara.learn.com

Visit NARA's Northeast Region
http://www.archives.gov/northeast/agencies/records-mgmt/index.html
for more information.  Contact us at [log in to unmask] with questions.

Jill Snyder
Management and Program Analyst
NARA Northeast Region
781.663.0147