From:
Charles Childress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:04:40 -0500
Cost of living makes an enormous difference if you are moving from say a
Midwestern state to a northeastern state. if you don't understand the
difference in costs you could end up in a lot of financial trouble (and
curiously, new employers will allow that to happen in some cases).

Cost of Living Indexes    New York, New York    Houston, Texas
Overall                                 176.6K       87.2K

To maintain the same standard of living, your salary of $100,000 in Houston,
Texas should increase to $203,448 in New York, New York

*    Stated another way, it's 103.4% more expensive to live in New York, New
York than Houston, Texas

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=100000&city1=3360&city2=5600

Home      About Our Data      About Sperling's     Become a Partner
Contact       Copyright       Disclaimer        Privacy Policy        Press
Signup

 Find

Log In | Sign-up | About Membership

    Cost of Living        Schools        Crime
    Compare        Homes        Climate