From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:40:33 -0600
Bill,

I would tend to agree with you but many companies ,including Rockwell
Collins, have initiatives underway to make employee's NOT just plug and
play.  In our business,  management has determined that a new engineer
with limited experience will take 12-18 months onboard before they're
really integrated.

We've developed something called "A Value Proposition for Peoples
Strategies"  that deals in 3 major area's and many sub-area's to make sure
we retain employee's long-term and not just use the investment as a
stepping stone for the next job.  My feeling is that it's a rehash of alot
of things that haven't worked in the past  but then again my glass always
tries to be half full.

Lot's of great discussions on this Friday afternonn- But a newly tapped
Chocolate/Cherry  Oatmeal Stout awaits.

Steve Petersen CRM
Records Manager
Rockwell Collins Inc